Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Day 6

So yesterday I went to the gym to work some of the stress out of my system and it felt pretty good, but I got very bored not being able to watch TV like everyone else. Since I do not have cable at home the gym is a nice little treat for me to get caught up on some of my favorite shows. My normal workout is usually around one hour, but yesterday I just was not feeling it, so I was at the gym around a half hour (due to boredom). It is sort of sad to admit but I usually only like to work out when I have some sort of entertainment, that being music or TV. So I did feel a little pathetic that I went to the gym for a half hour...eye-opener I guess. And then I had work and went home to eat dinner and study. I am so glad that I decided to do this challenge this week because I have a lot of things to keep me busy. I have two tests on Friday, both of which I am freaking out about, so this challenge is definitely getting me to open the books and get right to work. I have to wonder if I would be as successful if I were to do this challenge during spring break or something. I do not plan on trying it but it does make me wonder.

Today was a very busy day. I had classes from 8 am - 1 pm and then I had work until 5 followed by volunteer tutoring from 5-6. I didn't need any technology of course because by now all of my studying is simply "fine-tuning" for Friday. I did plan on going to Nick's because I miss not being able to talk to him but because of the storm I did not want to risk it. So now I am finishing up my blog and then plan to look for some advertisements online for our project due next week. Once I go home I plan on having a snack, studying some more and then getting to sleep knowing that tomorrow is my LAST DAY of this challenge. I must admit it feels pretty great and I will probably use more technology than I usually do on Friday just because I can, which again is very sad and pathetic but in my case, it is true. I am kind of proud of myself for doing this challenge because at first I was skeptical. I mean, this was easier said than done, especially for someone who does not necessarily engage themselves in a lot of technology, at least I didn't think I did. But now I realize that even the little bit of technology I normally use, I have become dependent on. As I mentioned in a previous blog, would someone who is addicted to texting be able to do this? Or facebook? Seriously, we all have become so reliant on these "simple pleasures" that we do not know what we take for granted or what we have until it is gone. And trust me I am feeling the pain! But I do thank Dr. Mortimore for allowing me to challenge myself and my "will power". It is neat to see my own strengths, and realize how truly weak I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment